Win £1000 towards the cost of your wedding!15 February 2012
Propose in store on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 and be entered into our fantastic prize draw.
To celebrate this unique event H.Samuel is offering a lucky couple £1,000 towards their wedding expenses, helping you to say it better on your special day.
How to enter…
To enter this fantastic prize draw, simply visit us in store on Wednesday 29th February 2012 and propose with one of our engagement rings for him or for her!
Our specialist diamond advisors can help you find the perfect engagement ring and show you all of our exclusive collections and range of styles.
Take the leap prize draw
Terms and conditions
- 1.1 The Terms and Conditions (the "T&Cs") below set out the rules for the "Take the Leap" prize draw (the "Prize Draw") organised by H Samuel Limited, a company incorporated in England Wales under number 0146570 whose registered address is at 15 Golden Square, London, W1F 9JG ("H Samuel").
- 1.2 You must read these T&Cs carefully as your entry into and participation in the Prize Draw is strictly governed by them. By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by the T&Cs in force on that date. H Samuel reserves the right to refuse you entry to the Prize Draw or to withhold the Prize if it has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of these T&Cs.
- 1.3 H Samuel reserves the right to amend these T&Cs where necessary. H Samuel shall make available any amended T&Cs on www.hsamuel.co.uk and in Participating Stores.
- 1.4 H Samuel also reserves the right to cancel the Prize Draw where it is necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- 2.1 Any words within these T&Cs which start with a capital letter shall have the following meanings:
- (a) "Entry Form" means the Prize Draw entry form available on request from Participating Stores;
- (b) "Participating Store" means a jewellery store in England, Wales or Scotland trading under the H Samuel brand;
- (c) "Entry Day" means the period between 09:00 and 17:00 on 29 February 2012;
- (d) "Proposal Ring" means a ring from H Samuel's solitaire diamond, diamond bridal set or Marry Me ring collections;
- (e) "Purchase Period" means the period between 29 August 2011 and 29 August 2012; and
- (f) "Prize" means the prize as defined in clause 5.1.
3 Conditions of entry
- 3.1 To enter the Prize Draw and to be eligible to win the Prize, you or your partner must:
- (a) be resident in England, Scotland or Wales;
- (b) be 16 years of age or over;
- (c) not be a director, employee or agent of H Samuel or any associated company;
- (d) propose to marry in the circumstances set out at clause 3.2 below (the "Proposal");
- (e) purchase the Proposal Ring during the Purchase Period;
- (f) submit the Entry Form in accordance with Clause 3.3 below; and
- (g) comply with these T&Cs and any other rules of the Prize Draw notified to you by H Samuel.
- 3.2 The Proposal must take place in a Participating Store on the Entry Day using the Proposal Ring. The Proposal must be witnessed by an employee of H Samuel (the "Witness").
- 3.3 You must submit your Entry Form on the Entry Day to the Participating Store in which the Proposal is made by handing it to the Participating Store's manager. The Entry Form shall not be validly submitted unless it has been signed and dated by the Witness. Only one Entry Form may be submitted per couple. H Samuel shall have sole and absolute discretion as to whether to accept any Entry Form. H Samuel accepts no responsibility for any damaged or lost Entry Forms.
4 The prize draw
- 4.1 One Entry Form shall be selected at random from all validly submitted entries by an independent adjudicator within 14 days of the Entry Day (the "Draw").
- 4.2 The person who submitted the Entry form selected in the Draw shall win the Prize (the "Winner").
- 4.3 H Samuel shall use reasonable endeavours to contact the Winner within 14 days of the Entry Day (for example by telephone and e-mail). Should the Winner fail to respond to H Samuel's contact attempts within 28 days of the Entry Day, the Winner shall forfeit the Prize (the "Forfeit").
- 4.4 Should the Winner forfeit the Prize, a further draw shall be made in accordance with clauses 4.1 to 4.3, with the word "Entry Day" being substituted with "Forfeit". The exercise shall be repeated until such time as H Samuel is able to contact a winner.
5 The prize
- 5.1 H Samuel shall reimburse by cheque those costs it considers the Winner to have reasonably and properly incurred in connection with his or her wedding or civil partnership. The reimbursed costs shall not exceed £1,000.
- 5.2 The Prize shall be awarded within 30 days of H Samuel receiving written evidence of the Winner's costs. Written evidence should be marked for the attention of Ms Aysha Hasan, H Samuel Brand Executive and sent to Signet Trading Limited, 3 Imperial Place, Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1JN. Should the Winner fail to provide H Samuel with written evidence of his or her costs before 31 January 2013, the Winner shall forfeit the Prize.
- 5.3 There will be no substitutions for the Prize and the Prize is not transferable.
- 5.4 The Winner is responsible for paying any and all taxes on the Prize.
- The Winner may be required to participate in promotional activity at a time and place to be agreed between H Samuel and the Winner.
7 Data Protection
- Personal data collected by H Samuel for the purposes of the Prize Draw shall be stored, managed and used in accordance with current data protection legislation. The said data shall not be used by H Samuel for marketing purposes unless a Prize Draw entrant has indicated its consent to such use on the Entry Form.
8 Limitation of liability
- H Samuel's liability to the Winner shall be limited to the value of the Prize.
9 Governing law
- These T&Cs are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.