Watch Care Advice – Water Resistance
Water Resistant Watches
- Check your manufacturer's instruction booklet for details on use of your watch whilst underwater.
- Do not pull out the winder whilst the watch is under water or still wet.
- If the case, glass or seal is damaged, the watch should no longer be regarded as water resistant.
- Although most watches are, to a degree, shock resistant, do avoid extreme shock or impact to your watch.
- If a water-resistant watch is exposed to sea water, it should be washed well in fresh water and wiped dry.
- Batteries should be changed by the manufacturer or approved service agent so that the seal can be checked and renewed if necessary. If this is not done, the watch will no longer be guaranteed water resistant.