Returns & Exchanges
Cooling off period
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period when you can return your goods without any penalty. Our cooling off period is 30 days, which includes any statutory cooling off period.
This period starts the day the contract is agreed (i.e. you receive an email from us saying we have despatched your order) and ends 30 days after the day following delivery of the goods.
Certain items are excluded from the cooling off period guarantee, unless we are at fault. These are personalised or engraved items.
How to return an item
There are two easy ways to return your items.
1) Return to any UK* store for immediate refund
This is the quickest way to return items. You can also exchange any unwanted items at your local H.Samuel store. Find your nearest store with our store locator.
What you need to do:
- Place the items in their original presentation boxes. Please note that pierced jewellery must be returned in its original sealed packaging.
- Take the items and despatch note you received with your order to your nearest H.Samuel store.
- If they are in their original condition we will process the refund or exchange for you.
- If you want a refund, make sure you bring the credit/debit/gift/insurance card that you used to place the order online.
- If the items were a gift to you then you will reimbursed with gift cards.
2) Return by post
You can return items to us free of charge - the card you used to pay will be refunded within 28 days.
What you need to do:
- Contact Customer Services on 0345 609 2000 or complete our online returns form.
- We will send you a letter with pre-paid labels to attach to your parcel so postage will be free.
- Place the items into their original presentation boxes and make sure the parcel is sealed securely. You should also place a copy of the despatch note you received with your order into the parcel. Please note that pierced jewellery must be returned in its original sealed packaging.
- For refunds: once we have assessed the items, the money will be put back on to the credit/debit card that was used to place the order online.
- If the items were a gift to you, the easiest way to get a refund is to take them to your nearest H.Samuel store where you will be reimbursed with Gift Cards.
- For exchanges: you will need to go to your nearest H.Samuel store (see section above for more details). We cannot process exchanges by post.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
* Unfortunately, online orders cannot be returned to stores in the Channel Islands or Eire.
Cancelling an order before despatch
If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before we despatch it. Please see the Contact us page for our telephone number. You will need to give us your name and address details, as well as your order number to cancel your order.
If you cancel part of an order the postage and packaging charge is recalculated on the price of the goods you keep. For example, if your order is for £60 worth of goods and you then cancel a £15 item, your order total will drop below £49, and you will no longer qualify for FREE Standard delivery.
Personalised Jewellery orders
When you order Personalised Jewellery from our website, we will create or customise a specific and potentially unique piece of jewellery designed around your own specific requirements.
You may change your mind and notify us that you wish to cancel your order for Personalised Jewellery at any time before you receive our email that confirms acceptance of your order for Personalised Jewellery. Please note that this is a different email from the one that we send to confirm that we have received your order.
Once you have received our order acceptance email, a binding agreement will be formed and you will no longer have the ability to cancel your order.
If your item is faulty or does not match the specifications contained in your order, you should:
- Contact our Customer Services team on 0345 609 2000*.
- We will send you a pre-paid package in which to return your items so that postage will be free for you. Please note that pierced jewellery must be returned in its original sealed packaging.
- Place the item into its original presentation box and make sure that the parcel is sealed securely. You should also place a copy of your despatch note into the parcel.
- If the item is in its original condition, we will refund the goods.
Please note that we are unable to accept returns to store for Personalised or Engraved items.
* Calls are charged at local rate and may be recorded. Our lines are open 9am-6pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5:30pm on Saturday.
The procedures, set out here, to cancel an order or return an item do not affect your right to reject faulty goods. Further information can be found at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk. If you do receive a faulty item, please follow one of the procedures outlined above. These are personalised or engraved items ("Personalised Jewellery").
Returning a gift
Cash refunds for gifts can only be made to the payment card used to purchase the goods. So if you buy a gift online, the recipient will not be able to get a cash refund if they want to return the goods. If a recipient does want to return gifts, we will exchange them for Gift Cards of the value of the gift at any H.Samuel store within the cooling off period.